Page 1 of 12
Maximum : 100 marks
Time : 1 hour and 15 minutes
1. Who won the Bharata Ratna award of 2008?
(C) Kiran Bedi (D) Mandakini Amte
A) Bhimsen Joshy (B) Pandit Jesraj
2. The first Youth Olympics was held in :
(A) Italy (B) Delhi
(c) Singapore (D) Cape Town
3. The winner of 64th Santhosh Trophy Football:
(D) West Bengal
4. The Kerala ADGP who won the President's Police medal of 2010 :
(A) Jacob Punnoose (B) Sibi Mathews
(C) Sreelekha (D) Vincent.M. Paul
5. Saina Nehwal, the winner of Rajiv Gandhi 'Khelratna Puraskar' is a player of :
(A) Badminton (B) Kabadi
(C) Football (D) Volley Ball
6. Who among the following is the U.S. Foreign secretary?
(A) Chelsi Clinton (B) Gordon Brown
(C) Hillari Clinton (D) Nicole Bill
7. In which year Right to Information Act came into force?
8. Which among the following banks got ISO certificate first?
(A) S.B.T. (B) S.B.I.
(C) P.N.B. (D) CanaraBank
Page 2 of 12
9. Hertha Muller, the Nobel Prize (literature) winner of 2009 belongs to :
11.Nandigram', of West Bengal is in the district of:
A) Midnapur (B) Baharampur
(C) Haldiya (D) Bardaman
12. Lottery was first started in :
(A) Karnataka (B) Kerala
(C) Manipur (D) Meghalaya
13. Which among the following space agencies released the first ever image of entire universe
(an all-sky image) very recently?
(A) NASA (B). ISRO
(C) ESA (D) V.S.S.C
14.The code name given to India's first atomic explosion at Pokran in 1974 is :
(A) Buddhan Chirikkunnu (B) Operation Blue Star
(C) Fat Man (D) Operation Vijay
15. G. 15, the Economic Organisation of Developing countries was formed in the year :
(A) 1975 (B) 1992
(C) 1985 (D) 1990
16. Which of the following is not a tributary of Bharathappuzha?
(A) Kalppathippuzha (B) Chandragirippuzha
(C) Kannadippuzha (D) Thuthappuzha
17. The year in which the Kerala State Road Transport Corporation came into existence?
(A) 1960 (B) 1965
(C) 1984 (D) 1957
27/2011 4 A
(A) Austria (B) Rumania
(C) Denmark (D) Algeria
10. 'Fields Medal', is associated with :
(A) Mathematics (B) Literature
(C) Peace (D) Physics
Page 3 of 12
18. In which district the headquarter of Kerala Agro Machinery Corporation situates?
(A) Ernakulam (B) Kollam
(C) Idukki (D) Kasargod
19. The largest district in Kerala :
(A) Malappuram (B) Kannur
(C) Palakkad (D) Pathanamthitta
20. India's only Ayurvedic Mental Hospital is at
(A) Thycad (B) Kottakkal
(C) Panniyoor (D) Mannoothy
21. The biggest dam in Kerala :
(A) Peechi (B) Idukki
(C) Malampuzha (D) Mullapperiyar
22. Which among the following is known as Tavanapriya'?
APepper (B) Ginger
(C) Cardamom (D) Turmeric
23. Which among the following is the biggest irrigation project in Kerala?
(A) Peechi B) Kallada
(C) Idukki (D) Malampuzha
24. The scheme of 'Laksham Veedu' was launched by :
(A) M.N. Govindan Nair (B) E.M.S.
(C) A.K.Antony (D) P.K.V.
25. The most tragic event connected with Malabar rebellion :
(A) Blackhole tragedy (B) Wagon tragedy
(C) Chourichoura incident (D) Jalianwalabagh Massacre
26^- Which mountain range separates North India from Peninsular India?
(A) The Sulaiman ranges (B) The Aravalli ranges
(C) The Vindhyasatpura ranges (D) The Hindukush ranges
A 5 27/2011